CONTEST RULES AND LEGAL DISCLAIMER
Only one (1) winner per contest unless otherwise specified.
Cyber Defense Media Group, its staff, and its owners reserve sole and final judgment as to all matters concerning contests and interpretation of contest rules.
By entering any contest run by Cyber Defense Media Group, you agree to abide by the following terms.
How To Enter/Eligibility
- No purchase is necessary to enter our contests.
- Only one (1) contest entry per person, per contest unless otherwise stated or the contest offers additional ways to enter (e.g. social sharing).
- Contestants must be over 18 years of age and a legal resident of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia to enter unless otherwise specified.
- Cyber Defense Media Group staff are not eligible to participate.
- Entries must be sent using the formats provided and sent to correct email addresses, where applicable.
- Win as many times as you can! We don’t put a limit on your how many contests you can win in a year!
- Keep your email address current. If we cannot contact you by email, you forfeit your winner’s status.
- Make sure your email filters do not prevent us from contacting you.
- Each contest has its own deadline.
- All entries must be submitted on or before 12 PM EST on the date set forth for each specific contest.
Winner Selection and Notification
- The odds of winning vary from contest to contest depending on the number of entrants and the quality of entries.
- All drawing winners will be notified by email only.
- Contest prize sponsors will contact winners by email to confirm winnings.
- The decisions made by the judges regarding each contest or drawing are final and binding.
- If a winner cannot be reached after a reasonable amount of effort has been made to notify the winner of the prize, the winner forfeits his/her rights to the winning prize.
- If a winner does not get in touch with the prize sponsor(s) within 21 days of winning, the winner forfeits his/her prize.
- If an email returns undeliverable, the winner forfeits his/her rights to the prize.
- While we do send emails requesting follow-up information to each winner, Cyber Defense Media Group assumes no responsibility to ensure winner response.
- No purchase necessary. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning a prize. Void in Canada, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. All decisions of Cyber Defense Media Group are final. By entering, participants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these contest rules and the final decisions of Cyber Defense Media Group.
- All taxes on any prize won are the sole responsibility of each winner, including, without limitation, any federal, state, or local taxes, which may be deemed applicable in such winner’s jurisdiction of residence. Winner(s) shall be solely responsible for the reporting and payment of all taxes incurred by acceptance and use of the prize(s) (or any portion thereof), if applicable.
- All prizes will be emailed or mailed to U.S. participants free of charge.
- Cyber Defense Media Group reserves the right to cancel contests at any time for any reason.
- Cyber Defense Media Group reserves the right to modify the dates and/or terms of contests at any time without prior notice.
- Contests are subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and shall be governed by D.C. law. By participating, entrants agree that D.C. courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to the contest or sweepstakes and agree that Washington, D.C. shall be the venue for the same.
- Prizes may not be substituted or transferred by any contest/sweepstakes winner unless specified in the contest details and a winner may not receive cash redemption equal to the value of the prize in lieu of the prize.
- Cyber Defense Media Group reserves the right to substitute alternate prizes of equal or comparable value.
- Prizes are offered “as is” with no written, express, or implied warranty. Cyber Defense Media Group is not responsible for replacing prizes as a result of damage prior to, during or after shipping or events beyond the control of Cyber Defense Media Group.
- Cyber Defense Media Group is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, misdirected, mutilated or incomplete entries.
- Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the contest will be disqualified. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SPONSOR RESERVES ALL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY ENTRANT ATTEMPTING TO DO SO TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING REPORTING SUCH ACTIVITIES TO THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES WHICH MAY RESULT IN OR LEAD TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Cyber Defense Media Group reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or prematurely conclude a contest should any computer virus, malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the contest.
- In the event a contest is canceled prematurely for any reason, Cyber Defense Media Group will use reasonable efforts to pick an alternate winner, but in the event an alternate winner cannot be determined, the prize(s) will not be awarded.
- Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winners name and winning entry for promotional purposes.
- Contest entry constitutes permission to use winning submissions on Cyber Defense Media Group website and its affiliated websites without further compensation. Furthermore, entry constitutes permission to archive your winning entries indefinitely on any webpage on this website.
- Contestants agree that the sole and final judgment as to all matters concerning contests and interpretation of contest rules are at the sole discretion of Cyber Defense Media Group, its owners, and its staff.
- Contestants agree that the American Arbitration Association shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to the contests sponsored by Cyber Defense Media Group, should any part of this agreement not be legally binding.
Cyber Defense Media Group, its owners, its staff, its affiliates, its advertisers, and its prize donors are not liable or responsible for:
- any claims, damages, losses, injuries, or death including any third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, any contest, including entry and participation in any contest and acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes.
- entries that do not follow guidelines.
- entries and responses to winner notifications that are illegible, incomplete, late, lost, misdelivered, marked postage-due, or undeliverable.
- any technical or human errors, malfunctions, failures, etc. resulting in participation of contests.
Cyber Defense Media Group, its owners, its staff, its affiliates, and its advertisers are not liable or responsible for:
- donors (sponsors) who do not follow through with delivery of prizes.
- prizes that are lost in the mail, arrive damage, are defective, or have other unforeseen problems.
- substituting another prize in lieu of the original prize.
We will not sell your address or personal information. Your email address is required so that the contest sponsor(s) may send your prize, should you win.